Friday 27 July 2007

Touching the Skies

I was in college when I read a title of a book that went Igorot: A People Who Daily Touch the Earth and Sky. Coming from a region with the highest elevation in the country, we literally do almost touch the skies everyday of our lives.

Here's a photo of sunset taken three weeks ago from Ucab, Itogon. I'm an amateur photographer and I must admit that this photo doesn't quite capture the enchanting scene I saw. But hey, magical views like these are my kind of food for the soul. Mangan takon, apo:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not into photography myself so I couln't tell the difference of the average and above average.
Reckon that white stuff is "liboo"
and not smoke from some "kaingin".
Love that colorful silhoutte which looks like someone's sunset. Nice pic regardless, cheers...

Bugan said...

Hi! You're right, it's libo-o. Hay, there's something about sunsets up in these mountains I can get enough of:-) Take care!

admindude said...

Looks like a painting to me. Are you in the U.K. na? :-)

Layad said...

That book (Igorots: A People...) was a very good resource for me when I was making my thesis in college.

Your picture makes me miss home. Thanks for posting!

Bugan said...

Bill,

Thanks for dropping by. Andito pa ako sa bundok;-)


Layad,

Thanks, too, for visiting. See you around!